Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Monday, November 30, 2015

NaNo Update #4


Wellp, it's all over.  I finished and validated on November 27.  Funny enough, I didn't write shit on the 25th, which was the day before Thanksgiving.  I'm not 100% sure why.  I mean, I had a lot of things going on due to the holiday, sure.  But I was so damn close.  Then, Thanksgiving, after the whole holiday business, I sat down and pounded it out  I was ready to quit a bit after midnight, then I just powered through and ended up finishing a little after midnight.

Well, this NaNo hasn't been quite as memorable as previous years.  Last year the heater blew and I felt like I was living a bit like a caveman, huddled up to a space heater for warmth.  In previous years I've had wild, exorbitant ups and devastating downs.  Perhaps this year was just fairly even and didn't blow my mind.  I'm glad as always that I did it.  At a minimum I made some grand progress on a contracted novel.

So how about you?  Did you make it?  Fail miserably?  Fail triumphantly?  How was your experience overall?  Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)