Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Check-In

Hey, kits and kaboodles.

I don't know if anyone's been sitting on pins and needles waiting for my next post but I just realized that as much as I want to take a more relaxed approach to blogging in 2016, I don't want to go for weeks at a time without updating.  That is a slippery goddamned slope, and I never wanted to be that kind of blogger who disappears for long stretches and then gets confused that the audience scarpered like cockroaches when the kitchen light turns on.  Not that any of you lovely folks are cockroaches.

So here's the deal:

- I've got a ton more Re-Animated entries planned out in my head.

- I'm thinking of making February a great big celebration of Women in Horror Month.

- There's still a lot of regular bloggery I want to get up to.

But right now I have a deadline February 1.  HUNTER OF THE DEAD, my take on a vampire novel, is due to the lovely folks at Sinister Grin Press.  The first draft is finished but could use a solid polish.  Could I take a bolo and ask for an extension?  Yes, I could.  But I don't want that to be how we kick off our working relationship.

So that, in addition to Hellstorm Jonas, and a couple of things I don't want to talk about on the blog just yet, have got me not blogging.  I'll be back on the ball soon, I promise.  Just bear with me through this next week or so.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! If you want to be a participant, shoot me an e-mail. If you're just excited to see who else is swinging by, we'll hope to see you then!

      Delete
  2. Bravo, sir, for your courageous call for public nudity in the last sentence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait to read this Civil War book of yours so I can shit all over your every mistake.

      Delete

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)