Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Women in Horror Month #12: Shelly Rosamilia, Co-Host of Lunch Ladies Book Club and Co-Owner of Project Entertainment Network


Hey everybody!  Thanks for hanging out this month.  I'll see you back here Friday with my regular nonsense, and I can't wait to do this again next year!  I think we got to meet a lot of great authors, editors, publishers, and the like.  One thing I really want to keep doing on the blog here, especially for WiHM, is to interview people a little bit outside of the publishing field.  So I'm delighted today to get to introduce one of the most important people in horror marketing and broadcasting, the very talented Shelly Rosamilia!  Let's meet her briefly then jump into the interview.  

About Shelly Rosamilia:



Shelly Rosamilia is the co-host of the Lunch Ladies Book Club podcast and co-owner of the Project Entertainment Network.  You can find her on the LLBC Facebook, LLBC Twitter, LLBC Instagram, and the PEN website.

Interview:


SK: How are you involved in the world of horror?

SR:  I am 1/3 of the Lunch Ladies Book Club Podcast. We review books from many genres and horror is one of them. I am also married to a horror author and I enjoy reading some horror.

SK: Who or what terrifies you?

SR:  Things that can actually happen. A movie that scared me the most in my teens was "The People Under the Stairs." All I could think was that a house with people trapped in it like that could actually exist. I am obsessed with watching "Investigation Discovery (ID)," I love true crimes and seeing how they get solved and I take comfort in knowing the bad guys got caught. I find real life to be the scariest.

SK: Are there unique challenges to being a woman in horror or do you feel like gender is irrelevant?

SR:  For my part I don't see any difference. I know as a reader it does not make a difference to me if the writer is male or female, the quality of the work is what stands out.

SK: Who are your favorite female horror icons?

SR:  I don't watch much horror but I recently read Darcy Coates and enjoyed my 1st haunted house book. I did read V.C. Andrews, FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC, as a kid and loved it, instantly fell in love and had to read the entire series.

Image result for lunch ladies book club podcast

SK: What are you working on/promoting currently? Why should folks check it out?

SR:  The Lunch Ladies Podcast is my current project. My co-hosts, Ashley, Mimzie and I take turns selecting a book from whatever genre we decide and we break it up over 3 weeks. We discuss it in great detail, giving our opinion of what we like or don't like. Where we feel it is outstanding or where it falls short. At the end of the final episode we give it a rating of anywhere from 0 to 5 spatulas. It has been great to be exposed to books I would have never picked for myself but have enjoyed. It gets us out of our comfort zone and exposes us to new authors.

I am also co-owner of Project Entertainment Network with my husband Armand Rosamilia. We currently have 25 different podcasts on the network, many centered in the horror genre. Two of our newest additions is Cosmic Shenanigans by Mary SanGiovanni and Origins by Jaimie Engle, both amazing woman in horror.

I hope people will check me out on Lunch Ladies BC so we can all read and discuss books together. What makes them great, what do we as readers want to see, what shocks us, what disappoints us. As a reader nothing is worse then finding a book that you cannot stop thinking about and having no one to discuss it with. The Lunch Ladies BC podcast is a great place to share all of your thoughts.

Hopefully people will check out the network because it has so much to offer. Whatever topic you find interesting we have a show for you.

About Lunch Ladies Book Club:


Image result for "lunch ladies book club"

Lunch Ladies Book Club - a blonde, a redhead and a brunette walk into a bookstore... Three well-read babes serving up hot reviews on the freshest indie books this side of the lunch counter. Join Shelly, Mimzie and Ashley each week as they dive deep and give you the breakdown on the books and authors you need to know. Who will win their prestigious Golden Spatula? Tune into Project Entertainment Network's newest girl gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)