Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Last War: Chapter 60, Part 3

"We're pushing them back into Cairo," Qajar said, "It won't be long now! No, it certainly won't be long. With al-Xyz's discipline and my daring strides forward, we're an unbeatable combination! Madame general, this campaign is successfully won already, I think."

Qajar anxiously rubbed his hands together and began speaking to himself in excitement. Supreme General Fadla bint Tarriq turned from the more brash general to her rock, Mossad al-Xyz.

"And you, general? What do you think?"

Slowly, laboriously, al-Xyz thought. He finally produced an answer.

"My comrade Qajar is correct. I have heard disturbing tales of desertion and suicide, but all seems well."

"And you think Cairo will be taken within, say, the week?"

Al-Xyz nodded.

"So be it. Imshallah, our troops shall be victorious."

None of the three said it, but Allah was not the only encouragement for their troops. The thought of barrels of money to swim in was also quite inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)