Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Women in Horror Month #4: C.V. Hunt, Head Editor of Grindhouse Press and Author of RITUALISTIC HUMAN SACRIFICE


I first heard about today's guest on The Horror Show With Brian Keene, where he roundly praised her extreme horror novel RITUALISTIC HUMAN SACRIFICE.  Ever since then I've been hoping to get her on the blog, and today she obliged!  So let's meet out guest and then jump right into the interview.

About C.V. Hunt:



C.V. Hunt is the author of several unpopular books. She lives in Ohio.

To purchase signed copies of her books click here.  You can also find her on Instagram, GoodreadsTwitterFacebookthe Grindhouse Press website, and her author website.

Interview:


SK:  What are your horror credentials?

CVH:  I have a couple of short horror stories in anthologies. I have a novella titled ZOMBIEVILLE. My most notable is an extreme horror novel called RITUALISTIC HUMAN SACRIFICE. I’ve also recently finished another novel in the same vein titled HOME IS WHERE THE HORROR IS.

I don’t know if I’m exactly qualified to write horror but I’ve really loved horror movies since I was a kid. And eventually I graduated into reading a lot of horror as a teen.

SK:  Who or what terrifies you?

CVH:  Death and heights.

SK:  Are there unique challenges to being a woman in horror or do you feel like gender is irrelevant?

CVH:  I personally find it completely irrelevant. I don’t really care for the concept of having a ‘Women In Horror Month’. I understand it was started with good intentions but I want the merit of my work to be considered with all horror, not just a small sect of the genre’s writing community. I feel like we are all writers and readers shouldn’t base the decision to read or not read my books because of what genitalia I was born with.

SK:  Who are your favorite female horror icons?

CVH:  I’ve always loved Elvira because she is so campy and independent and had more of a personality than Lily Munster or Morticia Addams. When I became a teenager I began devouring Anne Rice books and have an affinity for her work.

SK:  What are you working on/promoting currently? Why should folks check it out?

CVH:  I recently finished a book titled HOME IS WHERE THE HORROR IS. I’m not sure when or where it will be published. So I would suggest checking out RITUALISTIC HUMAN SACRIFICE since its currently available everywhere books can be purchased. Both books are extreme horror if that’s your bag.

About RITUALISTIC HUMAN SACRIFICE:


26239168

Nick Graves is a miserable man. Every day he comes home from his dream job to a stale marriage. On the day he finally summons the courage to tell his wife, Eve, he wants a divorce she has exciting news for him – she’s pregnant.

Nick is a spiteful man. He purchases his dream home in an ideal location far away from family, friends, and coworkers. It’s a life changing decision he’s chosen to make without Eve’s consultation.

Nick is a terrified man. He quickly realizes the residents of his new hometown are a bit eccentric. After a trip to the local doctor’s office Eve begins to behave strangely. And once Nick finds out what’s really going on he’ll never be able to look at Eve the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)