Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Last War: Chapter 29, Part 2

"Where are we?"

"I don't know. Somewhere along the Garonne."

"You know, if you could read a map..." began Jones testily.

The tank rocked under an explosion.

"Jesus Christ! What was that?" yelled Jones.

"We are under attack! The coalies are invading again!"

"Where is the captain?"

"There is not enough time to go back and get him," said Daltrey.

"We will have to fight on our own," realized Jones, but he quickly snapped to the occasion, "All right, head 140ยบ to the west."

"140 west!" repeated Daltrey.

And they took off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)