Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Last War: Chapter 29, Part 4

“Fire! Fire!”

With a huge explosion the coalie tank blew into a million little pieces. Daltrey and Jones cheered. They’d been out here for a while, but they’d only just killed their first tank. It was hard without a commander. Jones had taken on two hats: gunner and commander. It was hard.

“We are getting along okay without the captain,” said Daltrey hopefully.

“The hell we are! We are not doing to bloody well if you ask me!”

The tank suddenly shook as numerous shells from batteries and AS guns rained down upon it. The armor held, luckily. Another Ally tank not far off was not so lucky. It blew up in a great flowering blossom of fire and the burnt skeletons of it’s crew.

“It’s okay. We will get through this,” said Daltrey.

“I know,” said Jones, and he ground his teeth.

They continued on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)