Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Friday, April 10, 2009

The Terrifying Revenge of the B-Movie!!!: Scene 18

***Don't forget to enter the contest here and check out the grand prize here. Polls close Monday at midnight. At this point if you enter, you're pretty much the winner.***

SCENE 18

INT – FRANCOPHILE’S GARAGE
(FRANCOPHILE, ALGORE, FANTASY CHIHUAHUA, FANTASY PIG)

ALGORE HAS A HUGE SACK. THERE ARE ROWS AND ROWS OF MEDICAL INSTRUMENTS, VIALS, AND BEAKERS FULL OF CHEMICALS ON THE SHELVES. FRANCOPHILE HAS A CHECKLIST. AS FRANCOPHILE CALLS OFF THE CHECKLIST, ALGORE THROWS THE ITEMS INTO HIS SACK AND FRANCOPHILE CHECKS IT OFF.

FRANCOPHILE

Sodium disaccharide.

ALGORE

Check!

FRANCOPHILE

The bones of a dead marmoset.

ALGORE

Check!

FRANCOPHILE

My bring-the-dead-back-to-life formula.

ALGORE

Check and check.

FRANCOPHILE

Two cockroaches in heat.

ALGORE

Check.

FRANCOPHILE

Enlarging formula.

ALGORE

Che...oh, wait. I left that in the bathroom.

FRANCOPHILE

What were you doing with my enlarging formula in the bathroom?

ALGORE

Well, you know, even nature needs a little help sometimes.

FRANCOPHILE

Oh, that's perverted! You were using my monstrous creations to advance your own sex life?

ALGORE

Well, I do have a hot date tonight.

FRANCOPHILE

With who?

ALGORE

She's very pretty.

FRANCOPHILE

Your idea of pretty, no doubt.

FRANCOPHILE PICTURES ALGORE’S IDEA OF PRETTY. HE SEES ALGORE DRESSED UP, DOING A WALTZ WITH A PIG IN A MINISKIRT. A CHIHUAHUA WALKS UP AND TAPS THE PIG ON THE SHOULDER.

CHIHUAHUA

Mind if I cut in?

PIG

No, go right ahead.

ALGORE AND THE CHIHUAHUA BEGIN TO SLOW DANCE. FRANCOPHILE SUDDENLY SNAPS OUT OF THE FANTASY WHEN HE NOTICES ALGORE IS MIDWAY THROUGH A SENTENCE.

ALGORE

...Ria.

FRANCOPHILE

What?

ALGORE

I said, her name is Unnecessaria. Unnecessaria Teeyanay.

FRANCOPHILE

Oh, forget about it. I do not want to hear about my hunchback's love life. We've got enough of the necessities of life now. Although we really shouldn't let the enlarging formula get into the wrong hands…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)