Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Publish Like a Motherfucker Course 7: You Got a Bloody Right

Hey, everybody!  And a Happy Soon-To-Be-New Year!

I'm delighted to bring you a seventh installment of "Publish Like a Motherfucker (With Stephen Kozeniewski)," and our second with a special guest!


I'm pleased to welcome Splatterpunk Award-winning author Wesley Southard!  Wes's new book CRUEL SUMMER will be coming out in ebook and trade paperback.  Since he's already sold his Italian language and limited edition hardcover rights, I thought this might be a good opportunity to talk about all the different ways you can make money off a single manuscript. 

Stop by my business page next Wednesday, January 6, at 8:00 pm EST.  We will, of course, record it for posterity, but if you have questions, you'll want to be there live to participate.  And, as always, if you're interested in future PLAM courses, let me know in the comments below, on social media, or during the course.

Course 7:  You Got a Bloody Right
Date:  Wednesday, January 6
Time:  8:00 pm EST
Syllabus:  You finally got a book published!  Now that cash cow is milked, right?  Well, not quite.  Along with special guest Wesley Southard I'll be discussing:

- how worried about rights should I be when signing a publishing contract?
- what are all the different kinds of subsidiary rights?  which ones should I be paying for and which ones should I be paid for?
- should I be doing all this myself?  isn't this what you pay an agent for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)