Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

We All Live in a Fascist Police State Now, Thanks to This One Fucking Guy. But On the Bright Side, Free Stuff!

Howdy!

Those of you who are subscribed to my newsletter will already know this, but someone (me!) *might* have a new book out in a few days. What fun is Black Friday without a sale on a new book? And so, I proudly present....

WE ALL LIVE IN A FASCIST POLICE STATE NOW, THANKS TO THIS ONE FUCKING GUY


It happened here. Fascism came, wrapped in the flag and carrying a Bible.

Nobody much noticed.

Sure, a few traitors like to whine about their missing "rights," but it's up to the heroes of the Federal Bureau of Patriotism to silence them.

When someone starts spilling FBP secrets, Captain Leo Nergali is assigned to track him down. But wait, Leo himself *is* the mole? Record scratch!

Buy this fucking book to see how Leo censors the arts, disappears his enemies, and perhaps even finds jackbooted love.

This book was a slight departure from my usual genres (blood-sucking parasites, cloned beef creatures, vampires, you know.. normal stuff), and it was a whole load of fun to write. I hope you'll join Leo on his despicable adventures!

If you'd like to check it out or buy a copy, you can find it HERE.


In other awesome news, I'm also able to offer you a freebie this month (but this month only!).

BROKEN-DOWN HEROES OF THE WESTERN NIGHT is free on Amazon until the end of November. This novel is also a little different to my usual style, and I got to flex some different writing muscles with it.


Hardcharging army lieutenant Bickham Deth's only desire is to lead soldiers in combat. In the bloody winter of 2006, he expects to finally earn his baptism by fire on the streets of Kabul or Baghdad.

Instead, he finds himself trapped in Oklahoma on funeral detail.

Deth is honored to pay tribute to the veterans of Vietnam and World War II, but his patience is pushed to the breaking point by incompetent morticians, squabbling family members, and a mishap with the color of his socks that threatens to derail his entire military career.

As the "needs of the army" turn a three-day task into a never-ending odyssey, Deth finds solace from his grim work in the gallows humor of his partner, Sergeant Bela Packs. In his fifteen years of service Packs has seen it all, and his war stories are a welcome distraction from the painful task of burying the dead.

As the honors team weaves its way through the American heartland, seeing both the sublime and ugly sides of small town life, Packs unravels the spellbinding tale of the worst Soldier who ever lived...


If you're curious and would like a copy from Amazon (and why wouldn't you - it's FREE!), you can find it HERE.

That's it for now, but I'll be be back soon. I won't tell you what for... I like to be mysterious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)