Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

B£g M¢n€¥ $t€v£€: An Interview With Stevie Kopas, Author of the BREADWINNER Trilogy

Howdy, blogocrats and blogpublicans!  I'm very pleased to have New Jersey (sigh) native and zombie author Stevie Kopas on the blog today!  Stevie has been blowing up the interwebz recently with her...shall we say...very UNUSUAL engagement story, so I thought I'd capitalize on...I mean, help congratulate her by inviting her to be on the blog today!  Let's meet the legend herself, and then jump right into the interview!

About Stevie Kopas:


"Knitted Cap Queen" - Stevie's caption, not mine

Stevie Kopas is a fast talking, long haired, caffeine guzzling Jersey Girl.  She plays video games, likes tattoos and thinks it's perfectly acceptable to have a conversation with someone by yelling back and forth across the street at one another.  She's the author of The Breadwinner Trilogy, a post-apocalyptic zombie series and the Managing Editor of Horror Metal Sounds.  She lives in Florida with a man and two dogs where they frequent the beach and marathon watch television shows.

You can find out more about Stevie on TwitterGoogle Plusher Amazon Author Pageher author website, or the Horror Metal Sounds website

Interview


Q:  I understand you’ve recently gone through certain…life changes.  Would you care to tell us a little more about that and how it came about?

A:  I sure have!  I'm off the market fellas.  I was proposed to last Friday by a stranger outside of Dunkin Donuts and being that I've never been married, I thought, why the hell not?  You can read about my awesome life changing decision on Kotaku because it's actually a pretty sweet little story about two nerdy kids falling in love and then bragging about it on the internet.

Q: “Steve” is short for “Stephen” and “Koz” is short for “Kozeniewski.” Is “Stevie” short for something? Also, what does it feel like having such an excellent name? It means “crowned one,” you know.

A:  I did know it means crowned one, my father's name is Stefan. But I wasn't named for him, I was named for Stevie Nicks because my parents are rad like that.  Stevie is in fact short for "amazing woman" and it feels pretty excellent, as you should know, because we seem to talk about our names all the time.  I'm beginning to feel like we might be a little bit snooty or something.

Q: Speaking of Steves, I understand you’ve poached another rather high-profile Steve for your audiobook. (Don’t ask me how I know this. I have connections.) Would you care to tell us a little about the audiobook process and why you selected our dear friend Rimpici?

A:  Sigh, I sadly haven't exactly poached him yet.  I'm still waiting on him to turn in his second audition.  I would love to choose him.  And my reasons for choosing him are because his narration skills are superb and I like what I've heard so far.  So HEY STEVE IF YOU'RE READING THIS PLEASE SUBMIT THAT AUDITION WE TALKED ABOUT, THANKS MAN!  But yeah, the audiobook process has been a nightmare for me.  I'm really picky and that is a blessing and a curse.  Couple that with the fact that people don't like to follow up after they audition, they leave me hanging or they just flat out ignore me.  I guess I'll never understand people that don't like making money.

Q:  What makes something “metal?” Am I “metal?” What about Gordon Lightfoot?

A:  Well, metal is traditionally a class of elementary substances such as gold, silver or copper...oh wait...are we not talking about that are we?

I'm no expert, but in my opinion, something is metal if it makes me happy even though it sounds angry.  Also if I'm driving and I wanna yell "Yeah, fuck you!" when I'm having a bad day.  I don't think you sound very angry and you haven't made me want to yell fuck at anyone, but you can be metal if you want. Gordon Lightfoot is metal because when I was a child my mom kept singing "The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald" while we were on vacation and pissed my father off.

Q:  What one interview question do you hope you never get asked again? Feel free to ask it to yourself…and then don’t answer it.
A:  Why did you decide to leave your last job?


About THE BREADWINNER:


The end of the world may not be glamorous but this cover sure as shit is.

The end of the world is not glamorous. In a matter of days the human race was reduced to nothing more than vicious, flesh hungry creatures. This three part story takes you into the world of the survivors, coming from different generations and different sides of the tracks, they all share one thing in common: who you once were can no longer determine who you will be in the face of catastrophe.

Samson, a once wealthy and powerful criminal defense attorney struggles to keep his family safe and keep his sanity intact when the world comes apart at the seams. Veronica, the high school track star races to get her brother out of the city and into the safety of Franklin Woods. Along the way we come across the struggles of finding solace, finding out who you really are, and making decisions in a post apocalyptic world. THE BREADWINNER is a three part story and the first book in a planned series that will leave you craving more.

You can find out more by going to THE BREADWINNER Trilogy Official SiteTHE BREADWINNER Trilogy Facebook Fan Page, THE BREADWINNER Goodreads Page, or the sequel HAVEN's Goodreads Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)