Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Life, Death, and Love: An Interview with the Poetic Zombie (aka A. Giacomi)

Hello, boils and ghouls!  Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha! 

Today we've got a great guest, just smashing.  A. Giacomi, perhaps better known as the Poetic Zombie, is gracing us with her presence today to tell us a little bit about her life before her upcoming EVE BRENNER: ZOMBIE GIRL books are released and she gains instant superstar status.  So, let's take a quick minute to meet the educator, mother, and author, and then jump right into the interview.

About A. Giacomi:



A. Giacomi is the author of the upcoming EVE BRENNER: ZOMBIE GIRL series from Permuted Press. She is an educator, writer, and artist from Toronto, Canada. This zombie enthusiast is also a wife, and mother to one small human child.

You can find out more about her on TwitterFacebook, and her official blog

Interview


SK:  You are famously nicknamed the Poetic Zombie. Where did that come from?

AG:  Well I love poetry (I’m kind of a sap) and I love zombies, the two don’t go together at all, I’m painfully aware of this and yet I can’t help what I fall in love with. Poetry is all about life, death and love…and zombies, well, at least the first two. You put two of my obsessions together and bang! you have the Poetic Zombie! Anyone who knows me knows these are the two things I talk endlessly about. I also give my little brother half credit too since he said I should definitely use this nickname for my blog.

SK:  I feel that facing the day as a first grade teacher would not be very different from taking on a horde of the slavering undead. How do you prepare?

AG:  Ha ha great question but I must say those little critters have too much energy to be considered zombies. The teachers might in fact be the zombies. I know that I resemble one without my morning coffee. The kids know when I’ve had my coffee, I look “less tired and old” their words not mine lol. Plus did you know that first graders like zombies? They always ask if I do too, and of course I reply yessssss, with so much excitement that I may in fact resemble one of them. I think I failed at growing up.

One piece of advice I can give anyone dealing with a horde of first graders is if you’re surrounded always promise them popsicles and they’ll forget everything else and comply lol.

SK:  Would you care for some capicola?

AG:  Yes actually I wouldn’t mind some. I’m half Italian after all and it’s delicious. It’s made up of capo and collo, the head and neck of the pig. Sound right up zombie gals alley!

SK:  Tell us a little about your imaginary relationship with Katy Perry. Would you be friends? Frenemies? Lovers? How would a typical day in the life go?

AG:  Oh my I love that girl. I find her quirkiness adorable, her songs intoxicatingly sweet, and well she’s gorgeous! I want to so badly be her BFF, not in a creepy way, but I think we have a similar sense of humour so we’d get along smashingly! Now I just have to meet her :D

SK:  What's Canada like? (Please answer in the form of a tweet, hashtags and all.)

AG:  #winteriscoming #landofbeerandbacon #putmaplesyruponeverything #soniceithurts 
#ryangosling need I really say more?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I should stock my fridge w/popsicles for the zombie apocalypse! ;) And yikes, winter in Canada- bet that's not for the faint of heart...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are tips you just can't get anywhere else! Thanks for stopping by, Leandra!

      Delete

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)