Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Call to Action - Please Donate to the Brian Keene Burn Fund

Bottom Line Up Front:  If you can, please donate a few dollars here.  If you're not in a financial position to donate, please share on social media or spread the word any way you can.


Background:  Hey, everybody!  I'm sorry to have to post this as I wish it had never happened.  But since it did, a good friend of mine and patron of the horror community, Brian Keene, has been badly burned in an accident.  While clearing brush, the wind shifted and he received first degree burns on his face, as well as second and some third degree burns on his arm.  Brian is an author, podcaster, father, and philanthropist, who as recently as last month raised $20,000 for the Scares That Care charity.  That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to his charitable work, but now he needs our help.  As a working freelance author, he does not have health insurance or a stable income.  This hospital stay will be a weight on his finances, only compounded by the amount of time he is unable to work.  I hope you'll consider donating, even if it's only a few dollars, by visiting the GoFundMe site here.  If you're unable to contribute at this time, you can still help by sharing on social media and in real life.

I've seen the horror community come together time and time again to accomplish amazing things for worthy causes.  I have no doubt this will be another shining example.  Thank you all for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)