Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Friday, November 29, 2019

Small Business Saturday...It's for Authors too!


Hey everyone, Jess here. I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving and that the sewer system at your house is working well.

Now that the holiday shopping season has officially kicked off, I just wanted to remind you that tomorrow is Small Business Saturday. In case you don't know, that's an unofficial holiday a lot of folks like me and Koz like to nudge people in the direction of shopping from mom & pop shops, family owned franchises, and independent sellers; like us authors.

Authors have it tough when it comes to marketing. We have to take advantage of word of mouth and reviews to really get our books sold. So we ask this Saturday, that you consider forgoing the big book stores and Amazon, and purchasing a book or five from your favorite authors personally. Many of us have boxes of books at our house that we are more than happy to autograph and ship to you.

You can contact Koz (and me!) on Facebook or Twitter to get a copy directly. Of course, we aren't going to complain if you buy something from us on Amazon, but remember, we get far less profit out of it.

Consider shopping small for all your holiday needs, and help out your neighbors instead of the big corporations. It's very much appreciated by us little guys!

Happy holidays to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)