Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

I'm Looking for a New Assistant

UPDATE:  This position has been filled. Thanks so much to everyone who applied!

Hey everybody.

Last year I dipped my toe into the water of something I've always dreamt about: having a Personal Assistant.  I hired indie author Jess Eppley, and put her to work on all of my marketing, rights projects, agent solicitation, that sort of thing.  And it was everything I imagined.  I could just sit down and write, while my PA attended to marketing so well the job paid for itself.

Now, having weathered (God, I hope) the hardest part of the pandemic, I'm in a position to be able to hire a PA again.  I've been kind of reluctant to put something out on Facebook or Twitter because I can imagine when posting a job announcement you'll get swamped with a bunch of completely unqualified applicants.  So here's hoping (tentatively) that if you've read more than 280 characters of me talking about this, you're someone who can actually help, or know someone who can.

What I'm looking for is someone who can work for ten to twenty hours a week.  Basically, I can happily fill up that time for the near future, but you take on as much as you can handle and set your own schedule.  Work would all be sedentary and remote.  Picture: drafting hundreds of e-mails, FB posts, tweets, and so forth, then keeping track of it on spreadsheets.

If you have experience in indie publishing, that would be ideal, because I won't have to explain all the ins and outs to you.  But if not, as long as you are organized, pay close attention to detail, and have a pretty strong command of the written word I can use you.  I actually think the ideal candidate would probably be someone who is interested in a career in writing, for instance a college student majoring in journalism or creative writing, because I think the skills and contacts you would pick up as my PA could serve you in the future.  So, it could just be a job if you have secretarial skills, but if you have publishing aspirations, it could be something closer to an apprenticeship.

If you know somebody like that, or you are somebody like that, shoot me an e-mail to skozeniewski at yahoo and we'll discuss.  Thanks, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)