Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Could this be Manuscripts Burns's most popular month ever?

The answer is maybe...WITH YOUR HELP.  Take a look at this graph:


THAT, my friends, is how blogger tracks hits by month.  And this is your humble blogmeister's graph.  (Less numbers, because those would just be embarrassing for all parties involved.)

Now, I know what you're thinking.  Where's 2010?  Yes, it's true, an entire year of blog stats is simply missing.  As is, to be frank, January 2009-April of 2009.  So this can hardly be said to be comprehensive, as it's missing some sixteen months of data, for reasons known but to the internet gods.

However, based on what I DO know, June 2011 was the height of the blog's popularity with, oh, let's call, it, twelve billion hits.  (You'll recall that was the month I posted daily for the thirty day music challengeThis second parenthetical sentence exists simply to provide you with the rest of the links.)

And for reasons again known but to HTTP:// the All-Merciful, December 2011 is shaping up to be ALMOST as popular.  We are just a few hits shy of matching June, with far fewer posts.  Now that says to me that more people are visiting the blog, rather than the same people just checking in each time there's a new post.

So here is my challenge to you: help us out.  Can you tell a friend to leaf through the archives?  (The Last War is just sitting there, waiting for someone to finally read it.)  Can you post a link to your humble purveyor of blogstrosities on your far more popular blog or website?  Can you tweet it or share it on MySpace?  Or, perhaps most valuable of all, can you set up one of those drinking birds to keep clicking refresh in your browser window all day and all night until New Year's?  I think you can.  And I thank you.

Remember, this "achievement" is as much yours as it is mine.  Mostly yours, really.  And also my drinking bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)