Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

2020 Splatterpunk Award Nominations

Hey, everybody!

As I mentioned a few weeks ago it's awards season around the horror community (and the arts world in general.)  I don't anticipate getting a National Book Award or a Pulitzer Prize any time soon, but for those of us in the indie horror world there are, fortunately, a few honors with popular nominations processes.

If it strikes your fancy, I do have one work up for this year's Splatterpunk Awards.  One of my greatest achievements to date was seeing THE HEMATOPHAGES nominated for best novel in 2017 and I still look forward to bringing home a Bernie of my very own.  

You can nominate my short and the anthology it was included in by e-mailing splatterpunkawards@gmail.com and include the category, title, and author/editor.  (All of this information is helpfully included below.)  More rules and information can be found here.

So, without further ado, here are my eligible works for 2020:

Best Short Story

"Braineaters in the Mist" by Stephen Kozeniewski

Best Anthology

BREWTALITY edited by K. Trap Jones


Other recommendations:


To help you round out your ballot, here are some of my recommendations for the other categories:

Best Novel

    THE MAGPIE COFFIN by Wile E. Young
    GONE TO SEE THE RIVERMAN by Kristopher Triana
   
(Oh, and if you want to recommend THE PERFECTLY FINE HOUSE by Stephen Kozeniewski and Wile E. Young I guess you can, but I'm hard-pressed to call it splatterpunk or extreme horror so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but maybe it's better not to take the space from someone more deserving.)

Best Novella

    RED STATION by Kenzie Jennings
    THE NIGHT SILVER RIVER RUN RED by Christine Morgan

Best Collection

    BLOOD RELATIONS by Kristopher Triana
    THE ESSENTIAL SICK STUFF by Ronald Kelly

1 comment:

  1. All worthy recommendations. Brewtality is also a good choice in the Anthology category.

    ReplyDelete

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)