Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Friday, September 10, 2010

A Fistful of Zombies 18

Flashback, in black and white. Denver and his wife Grace are getting married in a little chapel. The crowd celebrates and throws rice.

Same flashback. Now the new couple is in their bedroom. Grace, still in her wedding dress, is sitting on the edge of the bed crying.

GRACE
I don’t understand! Why do you have to go fight those men? Just come with me on our honeymoon and forget about Miguel Diaz and his gang.

DENVER
I don’t expect you to understand, Grace, but this is something I have to do. I can’t let those monsters kill in everyone in this town because I wanted happiness for myself. There’s responsibility that comes with this tin star.

GRACE
There’s responsibility that comes with this wedding ring, too. If you go…if you face those murderers…I won’t be waiting for you when you come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)