Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Fistful of Zombies 20

The group of six enters the town. Denver points to a water tower.

DENVER
Father, you’d better wait up there until the fighting’s over.

VAZQUEZ
God be with you, men.

Vazquez starts to climb up.

CHAPELLE
What about me?

Denver looks him up and down with disgust.

DENVER
Better take Asshole, Esquire with you, padre.

CHAPELLE
Quite right. Bon chance, gentlemen.

Chapelle climbs up after the priest. Denver takes a deep breath. The four gunslingers walk abreast down the streets of the town. A tumbleweed blows by. A zombie gunslinger emerges. The four shoot him down.

DENVER
Miguel! Come with me. We’ll check out the saloon. Taylor, Bernardo, cover us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)