Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Eternity Burning: Chapter 2, Part 3

“Now, then, Halov, you’ve been seeing my daughter for how long?”

"Almost three years, sir," Victory said.

"It was just before I got my Ph.D., Dad," Dina added, a bit impatiently.

"And how much funny stuff has been going on in these three years?"

"Dad!" Dina scolded.

"That's none of your business, Dan," Esther said testily.

"It is my business because I'm a decent Catholic father. And in decent Catholic families you wait until you're married to start fooling around. I want to know why in three years worth of funny stuff you haven't yet asked to take my daughter's hand in marriage."

"You don't have to answer that," Dina said to Victory, "He's just making a pain of himself."

Victory carefully put down his utensils.

"No, your father's right. I'd like to explain myself. Sir, I think that marriage is a very sacred thing, and should not be tossed around lightly. I'd like to get to know your daughter inside and out..." Dan Sharp snorted derisively at this, "...And give her the same opportunity to get to know me.

"I won't deny that there has been more to our relationship than just dating. But sir, your daughter is so lovely and beautiful that sometimes I am so struck I forget to act like a gentleman."

"Oh, so now it's my daughter's fault for being to beautiful, eh?" Sharp said suspiciously.

"Oh, shut up, Dan. Stop tormenting the poor boy," Esther said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)