Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Eternity Burning: Chapter 3, Part 7

***NOTE: THIS IS THE LAST ENTRY FOR CHAPTER 3. AS A SPECIAL INCENTIVE, THE FIRST PERSON TO COMMENT ANYWHERE ON THE MANUSCRIPTS BURN BLOG WILL BE THE SUBJECT OF TOMORROW'S MULTIMEDIA EXTRAVAGANZA IN HONOR OF THEIR GOOD TASTE. IF THERE IS NO COMMENT BY MIDNIGHT TONIGHT, THERE WILL BE NO MULTIMEDIA TOMORROW. WHICH IS AN INCENTIVE OF IT'S OWN, I SUPPOSE, IF YOU DISLIKE THE MULTIMEDIA.***

The phone exploded into annoyingly loud and incessant ringing. Ben grunted. He opened his eyes and looked at the clock. It was terribly early in the morning.

“What, what, what, what, what?” he muttered.

Taking the phone out of it’s cradle, he said, "What is it?"

It was Victory’s voice. It was strange because it was a week or so after the meeting. Ben wondered briefly if he was calling another meeting. Maybe Vic was calling to find out if he had found the jackets yet. The answer to that was fortunately yes. His true reason was soon revealed.

"Ganyu's dead."

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been reading your book :o( Sorry. But I do watch the videos, and I would hate for you to have to publish a blank one. Please don't use my real name in your video about me. It should include a cat. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sorry. You lost the contest by a mere 3 hours. However, as a consolation prize, I will still include a cat in the winning video

    ReplyDelete

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)