Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Friday, January 23, 2009

Eternity Burning: Chapter 2, Part 8

Dan gave him the third degree again as they got in the car. He made the same affectionate display to Dina as he always did. Victory waved goodbye to the Sharps as he pulled out of their driveway. As they got back onto the main thoroughfares, Dina put her arm around his waist.

"I'm sorry about the way my father acted that whole time," she said, "He was being a real jerk and working you like a slave."

"I don't know," Victory said, looking at Dina, "I saw a lot more to him than the exterior. And I think he may have seen some more in me. I think brilliance must run in your family, Dina."

"Was that a compliment or an insult?"

"Neither, just a statement."

As they drove on, Dina moved closer to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)