Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Terrifying Revenge of the B-Movie!!!: Scene 10

SCENE 10

INT – THE FRANCOPHILE LAB
(FRANCOPHILE, ALGORE)

ALGORE IS JOGGING IN PLACE ON A SMALL PATCH OF GREEN CARPET. HIS HAIR IS STANDING UP SLIGHTLY FROM STATIC ELECTRICITY. HE IS TOUCHING ONE OF HIS INDEX FINGERS TO THE MONSTER. FRANCOPHILE OPENS THE DOOR TO THE LAB SO THAT THE DOORKNOB IS WITHIN ALGORE’S REACH.

FRANCOPHILE

Now, Algore, touch the doorknob and my creature will come to life from static electricity!

ALGORE STRAINS TO REACH THE DOORKNOB BUT JUST BARELY CAN’T REACH IT WHILE TOUCHING THE MONSTER AND JOGGIN IN PLACE ON THE CARPET.

ALGORE

I can't reach it, Professor Francophile!

FRANCOPHILE

Can't reach the doorknob! What kind of a convoluted plot device is that?

7 comments:

  1. Heh - gotta love B Movies. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for stopping by, Isaac. I have no idea why screensavers disappeared. Natural selection?

    And special welcome to anybody else from the pitch party. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check this out:

    http://howpublishingreallyworks.blogspot.com/2009/03/pitch-party.html

    See, this is what makes the interwebs nice for people. Positive reinforcement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miaou! Nice to meet you! I like being patted too!(aka positive reinforcement)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat, you might enjoy this video of my little kotchka if you haven't seen it already.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt9KHt8isOs&feature=channel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Redleg, your comment re screensavers got me thinking and I wrote up a little flash piece because of it, which is now posted on my blog :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quel increable! I am flattered and a little impressed. I guess inspiration comes in strange places. There is, of course, now a link to your story on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, thanks

    (it's been a good day :))

    ReplyDelete

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)